Make-Up Artists and Trial Make-Overs

Last March I had a trial with Toto and I loved it!  When they were about to leave I handed him the trial fee, and was asking him on the booking/reservation fees. Then he asked me when am I gonna be back (in Manila). I told him we'll be back May, then he said, "Sige sa pagbalik mo na lang be... Tawagan mo ako..." They were also in a hurry and my couturier was waiting for me too (for a fitting) so we parted. Come May, we had our hardest trip back to Manila ever!!! I and hubby are tuliro with all the cebu pacific boo-boos. We went back in Sg forgetting to call Toto!!! And I didn't even realize it until a week I called him to ask him something. I really cried hard, as in hard...

After getting my heart broken missing Toto B. as my MUA, I searched extensively for another talented MUA for our big day.  I was able to find alot of different names  in w@w and hurriedly called them for an appointment, and to check if they're available on 09282008. I called Angie Cruz, Val Villarin, Eddie Bruan, Gela Laurel, Madge Lejano, Jesy Alto,  and the list goes on... (Can you just imagine how much my mobile phone bills are? ) All my overseas phone calls to them didn't pay-off, they're all booked. :( I felt sad again. Sadder than when I realized I haven't got back with Toto on my booking last May, when I'm supposed to (When this one happened, I didn't just cry... It was more of "hagulhol"...) Anyways, an angel cheered me up by the name of Chichi Sotomil. I called her and she was not yet booked on our wedding day. She's uber nice and friendly in our phone conversations and in our exchange of emails. :) 

When we were in Manila for our prenup shoot with Paul, we also took it as my opportunity to have a trial make-over with her. Here are a few of the close-up shots by Paul Vincent. -:D-








I was set to book Cherry Pacheco-Uy for my make-up artist. I called her for an appointment and a trial before our flight in March, and I can say that she was one of the most accommodating and machika supplier I have ever talked to. I really liked her because she was nice and her work's fantastic (the before and after pics in her website speaks for it all). Only problem was on my wedding day, she would only be available in the morning preps. She has another client in the afternoon. I know that most make-overs done by these professional artists could last you a day, but I was still hesitant of not having a back-up in case something happens (like it rains or I totally smudge my make-up off after wailing... hehe). I called her for a trial but after which I still looked for alternatives. I called Barbi Chan, she was also very nice. I liked her voice and she's very accomodating too, but man, she's also booked on our Big Day. She even said that could it have been a Manila wedding she'd still accomodate me, but it's for an out-of-town wedding so really No-Can-Do.

Then, I was left with no choice but to book CPU. Then I remembered Ricky telling me that he'll help me with my HMUA. I called him and asked for his recommendations. He gave me 2 names Toto and Xeng. I asked him back, whom do you like better? I thought he would vote for Xeng Zulueta. But he chose Toto Bagamasbad. He said that Toto is very good with weddings and he has never disappointed any of his clients before. Xeng on the other hand has a more avantgarde approach, very modern but chic. He gave me their numbers and I tried to reach both. I reached Toto first, he was very nice, friendly, and funny. So I guess he'll be fun to work with. I booked him for a trial and here are some pics that h2b took.





My hair by Toto's stylist:



Make-up after 4 hours:



Make-up after 8 hours, with my hair already dismantled:



You could never go wrong with Toto. He used to be a part of Patrick Rosas' creative team. He's very professional, and so far all the w@wies who've worked with him vouched for his expertise.